The Sheet Metal Workers’ Local 88 J.A.T.C. is taking applications for the following:
Sheet Metal Apprenticeship • FIRST Tuesday of each month
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
All applicants will be notified by mail or phone of future test dates for the math and reading test.
All applications must be submitted in person at:
Sheet Metal Local #88 JATC
2540 Marco Street, Las Vegas, NV 89115
The recruitment, selection, employment and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship shall be without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin. The sponsor will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under the Nevada State Apprenticeship Council’s Equal Employment Opportunities in Apprenticeship State Plan and CFR 29.30, as amended.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS: NO EXCEPTIONS
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Provide copies of the following documents at the time of application:A. Birth Certificateb.
B. Proof of High School Graduation or G.E.D.
C. Valid Driver’s License
(Must be a valid Nevada driver’s license prior to acceptance)
D. College Grade Transcripts (if applicable)
E. Military Release papers DD-214 (if applicable)
F. Proof of Previous Sheet Metal Experience (if applicable)
- Pass a basic math and reading competency exam administered by the Committee. Date to be decided by the Committee.
- Appear before the J.A.T.C. board for an oral interview.
- Those applicants selected are subject to a
- Substance Abuse Test and verification of employment eligibility (I-9): prior to being indentured.
For more information please visit our website at: www.88training.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
The Sheet Metal Workers’ Apprenticeship and Moisture Control Programs admit students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, and athletic and other school administered programs.